Thursday, January 12, 2017

Radwanska returns to the final of the Apia International thanks to a 6-1 6-2 easy win over Barbora Zahlavova Strycova

After spending more than 4 hours on court in her last two singles matches, Strycova wasn´t able to find her strength and looked tired in the first semifinal of the day on the Ken Rosewall Arena. Considered one of the most intelligent players on tour, Aga took profit of it and played wisely creating short angles and making her opponent run through the court. Starting with a 4-0 lead, the Polish didn´t spend more than 29 minutes to grab the first set by 6-1. "I think I'm playing better and better each match. I think I was doing everything right today, and I cannot really complain about anything." 

In the second set, she lost only one point on her first serve, two points on her second serve and by breaking her opponent twice secured a place in another final here in Sydney after a little more than one hour. During her on-court interview, the world number 3 shared the joy of playing in Australia "I really like to play in Australia. I love the courts. I feel very comfortable here. So I'm just very happy to make another final, especially here when it's always very strong tournament." 

In the final act, she´ll meet the winner of the second semifinal between Johanna Konta and Eugenie Bouchard.

No comments:

Post a Comment